HDRN Canada is committed to making our digital spaces available to all, including people living with disabilities. We strive to provide a quality digital experience to every person in a way that respects their dignity and independence.
We have based our web accessibility standards to meet the online accessibility standards recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) in its Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA. We continue to work towards conforming to these standards and to provide accessible content.
Here is how we are working toward our goal of providing more accessible web content:
- We hired a digital agency with core competency in digital accessibility to rebuild this website with accessibility as a foundation. DBS Interactive is a member of the W3C that governs global accessibility. This website was originally built to WCAG 2.1
AA, 508c 2017, AODA standards and tested.
- We perform regular accessibility testing and analysis of new and updated web content. We provide digital content through accessible design and development fundamentals.
- We offer ongoing training in accessible communications and design for our staff.
On an ongoing basis the following resources are used to help us stay in compliance:
- Monthly automated testing and updates as both requirements and browser presentation of content changes.
- Annual Manual test of the website with all remediation necessary to meet current global standards.
We welcome comments regarding how we are meeting accessibility expectations and needs. Please email feedback and requests for support to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.