COVID-19 Data Access
HDRN Canada is well placed to facilitate access to COVID-19 related data through its Data Access Support Hub (DASH)
- To date, DASH has supported five (5) COVID-19 related projects and research funding proposals by providing researchers with cost estimates and feasibility assessments.
- DASH has been facilitating multi-jurisdictional COVID-19 related research in a wide range of domains including emergency medicine, surgery, pediatric diabetes, neonatal care and virtual care.
To learn more and to request access to multi-jurisdictional data, please visit HDRN Canada's Data Access Support Hub (DASH).
Some HDRN Canada organizations have linkable COVID-19 test results data:
- Five (5) provinces (BC, AB, MB, ON, NL) have COVID-19 test result data integrated into their data platforms.
- Multiple other HDRN Canada organizations are in discussions about obtaining COVID-19 test result data
- Information about COVID-19 lab testing data is now available below.
The information in these tables will continue to be updated as COVID-19 lab testing data becomes available in additional provinces and in the territories.
- Provides an overview of the data, including frequency of data updates, and the dates of testing currently captured in the data.
- Clicking the jurisdiction name tab at the top of the table will display the lab testing dataset information for that jurisdiction.
- Provides the availability of selected variables/fields in the COVID-19 lab testing data in each province.
- The variables/fields have been categorized as either Demographic, Lab, or Other, which can be viewed separately by clicking on their tab at the top of the table.
- The HDRN Canada Variable/Field Names within the table are general terms chosen to represent the variables/fields. A definition and example of those variables/fields is provided followed by the availability of those variables/fields in each jurisdiction (Yes or No).
- The variables/fields were selected because of their value for constructing a minimum dataset consistent with the Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC). CDISC standards provide a set of guidelines on how to structure data.
- Additional variables/fields are available for each province, and will be available to researchers as they consult with data access staff about their projects.
|British Columbia||In progress|
|Manitoba||COVID-19 Vaccinations data has been added to the Data Repository at MCHP. This information will be updated on a weekly basis. Learn more|
|Ontario||Ontario COVID-19 Vaccine Data (COVaxON) is now available for ICES and Third Party Research Projects with approval from the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health. COVaxON is a provincial platform that supports immunization clinics for COVID-19 vaccines. Data includes vaccine recipient, product and dosage information from December 2020 onward, and will be updated weekly.|
|New Brunswick||In progress|
|Nova Scotia||In progress|
|Newfoundland & Labrador||In progress|