Health Data Research Network Canada (HDRN Canada) is a group of provincial, territorial and national data centres that are working together to make it easier for researchers to use health and health-related data from multiple provinces and territories in research studies. Currently, each provincial, territorial, and national data centre has a different process for researchers to request access to data. As a result, Canadian policymakers have limited ability to learn from the experiences in different provinces and territories. We need pan-Canadian data to perform rigorous studies so that we can determine what is working in our health systems and what needs improvement.
HDRN Canada is seeking a part-time staff person to coordinate the Network's Public Advisory Council (PAC) and Public Engagement Working Group and provide other general coordination and support as needed. We are seeking a person who will take ownership of all aspects of meeting and committee logistics and support, and would take personal pride in completing a job well done.
- Part-time: seven to fourteen hours per week
- Hours: variable
- Time frame: 1 year
- Supervision will be provided by the Director of Operations. Instruction will also be provided by the Chairs of Working Groups and Teams that this position will support.
Skills & Experience
- Fully Bilingual English/French required
- Client/customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency using Microsoft 365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience using Confluence and Zoom an asset
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Logistics or event management experience is an asset
- Experience in or with health or other research projects is an asset
- Experience working in the field of patient and public engagement is an asset
- Scheduling virtual network meetings
- Securing live simultaneous English / French interpretation services for PAC meetings
- Attending PAC meetings, facilitating sessions in French and English from time to time
- Preparing internal documents, including emails and PowerPoint presentations, in French and English
- In cases where large documents require professional translation, coordinating translation services
- Meeting support for staff and members of the public (e.g., preparing agendas under the direction of the chair, preparing minutes, follow-up with meeting attendees, etc.)
- Maintaining group listservs and supporting internal communications on shared platforms (Confluence)
- Assisting with other operational items as needed
Completion of post-secondary education, plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Posting Deadline: April 26, 2021
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.