The organizations that make up Health Data Research Network Canada (HDRN Canada) hold and manage population-wide health and health-related data infrastructure that is used by hundreds of expert analysts and researchers across Canada.
HDRN Canada is gathering information about the availability of COVID-19-related data resources to support researchers who are interested in conducting multi-jurisdictional research. Access to these resources will accelerate and improve the quality of COVID-19 analytics, predictive models and research studies that include multiple provinces and territories.
Latest Updates as of December 1, 2020
- Testing data on individuals who tested for COVID-19 in New Brunswick is now available. Additional information can be found by entering “COVID-19 Case Data” in the search bar on NB-IRDT’s website.
- On November 19, CIHI released a report on impact of COVID-19 on Canada’s health care systems. The report examines the impact of wave 1 of COVID-19 pandemic on emergency department visits, access to hospital care including surgeries and intensive care units, how Canadians received care from physicians, and assessments of home care clients.
- On November 12, CIHI issued direction for 2 new ICD-10-CA codes for post COVID-19 condition and personal history of COVID-19
- HDRN Canada is working with a number of partners to identify COVID-19 data gaps and needs in order to further support multi-jurisdictional research.
- HDRN Canada is engaging with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), national cohort studies, and networks such as the Canadian Primary Care Sentinel Surveillance Network (CPCSSN) to accelerate Canada’s response to COVID-19. In particular, identifying opportunities to facilitate more timely and complete access to health administrative data; data standardization, integration and linkage across jurisdictions; and filling data and information gaps.
- As of July 2020, HDRN Canada is a key partner in the newly launched International COVID-19 Data Research Alliance and Workbench, a coordinated international platform to support the rapid development of insights and treatments to combat the global effects of COVID-19.
- As of September 2020, HDRN Canada is partnering with Canadian Partnership for Tomorrow’s Health (CanPath) to support research teams interested in leveraging linked data, including COVID-19 related data from CanPath’s COVID-19 Questionnaire and provincial data centres where available. Learn more.
Register for Updates
Please fill out the form below to receive news and updates related to COVID-19.