The organizations that make up Health Data Research Network Canada (HDRN Canada) hold and manage population-wide health and health-related data infrastructure that is used by hundreds of expert analysts and researchers across Canada.
HDRN Canada is gathering information about the availability of COVID-19-related data resources to support researchers who are interested in conducting multi-jurisdictional research. Access to these resources will accelerate and improve the quality of COVID-19 analytics, predictive models and research studies that include multiple provinces and territories.
Latest Updates as of June 1, 2021
Cases and contacts data for the COVID-19 vaccine, lab tests and results, immunizations, and surveillance are now available at the Manitoba Centre for Health Policy (MCHP).
ICES has added the following new datasets:
- CCM (COVID-19 Case and Contact Management System)
- CCIS (Critical Care Information System)
- COVAXON (Ontario COVID-19 Vaccine Data)
Links and Resources
ICES has published the report, Vaccine Coverage by Neighbourhood COVID-19 Risk in Immigrants, Refugees, and other Newcomers, up to April 26, 2021.
CIHI has updated its data and reporting on a number of topics related to COVID-19, including:
- Unintended consequences of COVID-19: Impact on harms caused by substance use and Impact on self-harm behaviour
- Impact of COVID-19 on Canada’s health care systems
- COVID-19 Intervention Scan and interactive tool
- COVID-19 hospitalization and emergency department statistics
- Long term care of COVID-19
New Brunswick Institute for Research, Data and Training (NB-IRDT) has added several new resources:
- Planning for Community Resiliency in Recovery from COVID-19
- Survey Results on Mental Health Impacts of COVID 19 in New Brunswick
Explore the complete list of links and resources from HDRN Canada’s member organizations here.
- HDRN Canada is working with a number of partners to identify COVID-19 data gaps and needs in order to further support multi-jurisdictional research.
- HDRN Canada is engaging with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), national cohort studies, and networks such as the Canadian Primary Care Sentinel Surveillance Network (CPCSSN) to accelerate Canada’s response to COVID-19. In particular, identifying opportunities to facilitate more timely and complete access to health administrative data; data standardization, integration and linkage across jurisdictions; and filling data and information gaps.
- As of July 2020, HDRN Canada is a key partner in the newly launched International COVID-19 Data Research Alliance and Workbench, a coordinated international platform to support the rapid development of insights and treatments to combat the global effects of COVID-19.
- As of September 2020, HDRN Canada is partnering with Canadian Partnership for Tomorrow’s Health (CanPath) to support research teams interested in leveraging linked data, including COVID-19 related data from CanPath’s COVID-19 Questionnaire and provincial data centres where available. Learn more.
Register for Updates
Please fill out the form below to receive news and updates related to COVID-19.